Circadium School of Contemporary Circus
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Inspiring artists from across America to create tomorrow's circus
What is Circadium?
A blend of physical theatre and other art forms with traditional circus practices.
- A 3-Year Intensive Training Program: Our 3-year, full-time curriculum includes coursework in Acrobatics, Aerials, Object Manipulation, Equilibristics, Physical Theatre, Movement, Strength and Flexibility, along with supplementary work in Business and Marketing, Theater Tech, Prop building, Rigging, Circus History and Theory. A strong emphasis will be placed on Creation and Entrepreneurship. Application materials will be posted here in Spring 2016.
- A Charitable Organization: We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Our mission statement: We cultivate, inspire, and innovate contemporary circus performance in America through the development and support of dedicated artists who will advance this multidisciplinary art and share it with audiences around the world.
- A Headquarters for Circus Pioneers: We provide space for top contemporary circus artists to gather, train, and perform. We are closely networked with the professional circus schools in Europe and Canada, and the recreational Philadelphia School of Circus Arts.
Note: The above description came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- Jugglers! Clowns! Tightrope walkers! W. Mt. Airy church site to be a campus for circus artists, Philadelphia Business Journal, September 6, 2017.
- America's first circus school opens its Philly doors next month, Philly Voice, August 18, 2017.