Dornsife Center for Neighborhood Partnerships
The Dornsife Center is a neighborhood resource center hosting programs for people of all ages, and for members of the Mantua, Powelton Village, and Drexel communities.
The Dornsife Center convenes programming for a diverse community by weaving together Drexel’s knowledge resources with the expertise of community-based partners. We aim to address the needs and interests of our stakeholders in a way that strengthens, empowers, and educates, while maintaining a strong commitment to economic and social justice.
We offer programming in the following general areas:
- Adult Education and Workforce Access: We support families by helping individuals overcome common obstacles to full-time employment.
- Arts and Culture: The Dornsife Center offers a community canvas for artists, designers, writers, and dancers from both Drexel and the neighborhood to create new projects together.
- Health and Wellness: We support wellness through dance and movement classes, workshops about interpersonal relationships and behavioral health, and food and nutrition related programming.
- Creating Knowledge Together: Inspired by the tradition of cooperative extension, the Dornsife Center hosts creative, collaborative activities that bring the University's academic mission together with the needs and interests of neighborhood stakeholders.
- Kids and Families: Activities for school-aged students include tutoring and homework support as well as after-school and summer college and career exploration programs, and workshops help parents navigate their children’s education from pre-K all the way to college.
- Building Educational Opportunities.
- Individual and Family Supports: We provide services that help residents meet pressing needs around employment, education, health, and food access, working with partners from local and regional non-profit agencies as well as with Drexel schools and colleges who have built service and engagement into their curricula.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Programs Overview page.
In The News
- Drexel to expand Dornsife Center, seeking community input, West Philly Local, September 24, 2018.
- Event Calendar: Calendar