Friends of the Rail Park
The Rail Park is a vision for a greenway that will revitalize three miles of unused rail lines into a usable, beautiful, public space for all. This park has been growing for years. And it’s about to burst into life.
Distinct sections include the elevated Viaduct, the Cut, and the underground Tunnel.
The Rail Park will be a new kind of park for Philadelphia.
The Rail Park is situated on two obsolete train lines that served the Reading Terminal, bringing passengers and freight in and out of Center City.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's The Park page.
In The News
- PHOTOS: Take a glimpse at Philly's nearly-completed Rail Park, Philly Voice, May 11, 2018.
- Philly's Rail Park to open this summer, Philly Voice, April 13, 2018.
- Construction On Schedule For Reading Viaduct Trail, CBS-3, September 26, 2017.
- Here’s what Philly’s Rail Park looks like from above, Curbed Philadelphia, August 14, 2017.
- Online fundraiser for Philly's Rail Park soars above goal, Philly Voice, June 20, 2017.
- Surprise! Phase One of the Rail Park, Philly’s High Line, will open soon, Billy Penn, May 12, 2017.
- Event Calendar: Events