International Harvester Branch House
The International Harvester Company Building – Philadelphia Branch House stands at 2903-2909 N. 16th Street in the Allegheny West neighborhood of Philadelphia, PA. The 5-story, rectangular, reinforced concrete building is clad in red brick with a concrete frame and detailing. There is also a 1-story, irregularly shaped section to the south, which is also clad in matching red brick. The building retains all seven aspects of integrity.
The building is located on the east side of N. 16th Street, just south of W. Indiana Avenue. The north elevation of the building is directly abutted by 2917-2937 N. 16th Street; the east and south elevations are directly abutted by train tracks. Bordering the east elevation is a concrete sidewalk. The remainder of the block to the east and northeast contains an open concrete lot with perimeter trees and fencing. There is also a small grouping of late 19th century, 2- and 3-story rowhouses to the east, along W. Indiana Avenue. Additional train lines run from northwest to southeast and northeast to southwest, crossing at the bottom of the project site. The North Philadelphia train station (1896, NR 1999) is located approximately two blocks to the east, just off of N. Broad Street. The building is located approximately two miles east of the Schuylkill River and approximately two miles south of Route 1. The surrounding neighborhood consists of a mix of late 19th and early 20th century two- and three-story brick row houses and mid-rise industrial buildings.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the building's National Register of Historic Places Registration Form