Jump to navigation Jump to search
Liberty Resources, also known as "The Philadelphia Center for Independent Living", gives the following descriptive information:
- Liberty Resources, Inc. is a not-for-profit, Consumer-controlled organization that advocates and promotes independent living for all persons with disabilities.
- As a Center for Independent Living (CIL), Liberty Resources advocates with disabled people, individually and collectively to ensure our civil rights and equal access to all aspects of life in the community.
- Liberty Resources must provide four core services: Advocacy, Information and Referral, Peer Support and Skills Training.
- In addition to those, a CIL should respond to the unique needs of its community.
- Liberty Resources is one of the first Centers for Independent Living in Pennsylvania, and has been consistently able to add services to address the needs of our community.
- The Nursing Home Transition Program provides assistance to people with disabilities who wish to transition out of costly and isolating nursing homes to they may live full, independent lives in their own homes in the communities they choose.
In The News
- Community Advocacy Coalition Releases New Report On Development & Displacement, Hidden City Philadelphia, May 31, 2019.