The PHILO Project gives the following descriptive information:
The PHILO Project is a not-for-profit organization serving the Philadelphia, Southern New Jersey and Northern Delaware region that provides free professional video for small organizations that could otherwise never dream of affording such highly sophisticated services – video that may be used for fundraising, brand awareness, internet outreach, crowdsourcing, and training.
SAMPLE Philo Production: Three-minute video presentation: Nonprofit Technology Resources Posted June 22, 2015.
PHILO Project services include:
- Professional videography.
- Video editing and Motion graphics.
- Planning and consultation.
Unlike other professional video services, PHILO is funded by foundations, corporations, businesses and individuals. Such expenses as salaries, equipment, licenses, accounting and insurance are paid for through these funders so that PHILO can offer its high-end services to eligible organizations at no cost to the client.
Once their eligibility requirements are met and their application is accepted, the process is completed in four simple steps:
- Consultation: PHILO meets with a representative from the organization to determine its needs, what kind of video they want and how they plan to use the finished product (fund raising, brand awareness, publicity, training, public service announcement, archival video, etc.). At this meeting, the client also receives sample releases for anyone appearing or speaking on camera.
- Photography: At a mutually appointed time, PHILO goes to a determined site and shoots video and interviews. In some cases, this may involve more than one scheduled “shoot.”
- Editing: Once the client has signed off on the script, PHILO edits the work. This includes voice over, titles, credits, music, and animation where applicable.
- Delivery: The completed video piece is then submitted for basic final edits including proofing of graphics. Once the PHILO video is accepted, the client obtains full copyright and assumes legal responsibility for its contents.