Driving Hunger From Our Communities
In 1984 Philabundance was founded by an idealist named Pamela Rainey Lawler who saw perfectly good food going to waste, and, at the same time, saw people going hungry.
What started out as a small food rescue organization operating out of a Subaru, 30+ years later, is an innovative, impactful and collaborative organization distributing more than 24 million pounds of food a year to those in need.
Philabundance is a proud member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of food banks leading the fight against hunger in the United States.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- Colby for a cause, Philadelphia Citizen, August 2, 2018.
- The Citizen Updates: Philabundance Community Kitchen, Philadelphia Citizen, October 10, 2017.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Donation To Philabundance Brings Partnership To A Milestone, CBS-3, July 12, 2017.
- Former Philabundance Culinary Student Returns To Teach Others, CBS-3, May 11, 2017.
- Food: Find Free Food Near You