Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau gives the following descriptive information:
The Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau (PHLCVB), a private, nonprofit membership corporation, is the official Tourism Promotion Agency for the City of Philadelphia globally and the primary sales and marketing agency for the Pennsylvania Convention Center. We are an Economic Engine for the city, creating jobs and fueling the economy by bringing meetings, conventions and travelers to Philadelphia. We are Advocates for Philadelphia and the region’s continuous transformation of infrastructure, growth of human capital and brand asset management. We are Connectors for meeting planners, conference attendees, tour operators, travelers and our members by orchestrating a symphony of resources to create great expectations. We are Celebratory in our love for the City of Philadelphia, our passion for our clients and visitors and our role as ambassadors. We are Philadelphia.
Our mission: Our mission is to generate economic impact and job growth by increasing the region’s hotel occupancy and revenues, while concurrently affecting other diverse segments of the hospitality industry. To do whatever it takes to attract ethnically diverse regional, national and international convention and tourism customers through creative sales, marketing and communications efforts.
What we do for you
- Convention Sales: Focuses on booking meetings, conventions, tradeshows and special events into the Pennsylvania Convention Center, member hotels and off-site venues to generate hotel room nights and economic impact for the City and region.
- Convention Services: Assists planners and show organizers to ensure a smooth and successful meeting, convention or event in Philadelphia.
- Marketing & Communications: Supports the PHLCVB’s and PCCA’s efforts by positioning Philadelphia and the region through innovative advertising, marketing, public relations and digital campaigns.
- Membership: Recruits and services PHLCVB members and brings the hospitality community together through networking events and educational seminars.
- Tourism: Concentrates sales and marketing efforts on the international market (consumers, tour operators and travel agents), as well as the domestic group tour market.
- Finance & Administration: Handles accounting, human resources, office management and legal matters.
- PHLLife: Raises the visibility of the tri-state region (Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware) as a world-class destination for life-sciences meetings, conventions and business.
- PHLDiversity: Partners with PHLCVB departments to attract and support multicultural conventions and tourism and ensures the multicultural community is an integral part of the Greater Philadelphia hospitality community.
- PHLSports: Seeks to attract major national and international sporting events and conventions to the Greater Philadelphia region. Facilitates the annual Army-Navy Game.
- Event Calendar: Conventions & Conferences