Our Community, Made Better
For more than a century, Philadelphia Foundation has increased philanthropic investment in the community, fostering the economic, civic and social vitality of Greater Philadelphia. We take charitable dollars further through our deep relationships in the community, close connections with local nonprofits and 100-year history of building positive outcomes in the Philadelphia region.
Born of a desire for more powerful, permanent funding to address community needs, we collaborate with thousands of individuals, families and businesses to advance this goal, always with an eye on the future. As we enter our second century of service, our vision remains grounded in the needs of today and tomorrow and is shaped by the values we hold close, including excellence, diversity, equity and results.
We work with givers to establish funds that fulfill their philanthropic goals most effectively. With a broad set of giving tools available, we help givers create a strategic plan for their philanthropic assets that will create the greatest possible community impact. Our team of experts brings unmatched knowledge of the region’s most critical needs and the nonprofits addressing those needs.
Aside from serving as good stewards of our philanthropic funds, we are committed to improving the quality of life in our great region in several ways:
- Distributing grants and resources to our region's most effective nonprofits.
- Establishing and distributing scholarships.
- Pairing skilled volunteers with important community initiatives through our partnerships.
- Serving as a civic voice and leader in Greater Philadelphia.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the foundation's About Philadelphia Foundation page.
In The News
- 'On The Table' day to bring communities together over food, KYW, September 9, 2019.
- Guest Commentary: A Better Way to Give, Philadelphia Citizen, September 4, 2019.