Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks
For over eighty-seven years, The Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks (PhilaLandmarks) has played a significant role in the historic preservation movement in Philadelphia by restoring, furnishing and presenting to the public its distinguished house museums. We inspire people to engage with history by preserving our unique historic sites and by providing related historical, educational and cultural programming.
- We believe that historic preservation illustrates the value of what endures in our society, and that this inspires people to learn about history and engage with their community.
- We are committed to maintaining our properties and their collections for the long-term, so that they will remain public resources in the future.
- We want our properties to be open and well-used by many different audiences in many different ways.
- We respect the uniqueness of each of our properties, and believe that their different programs, priorities, and places in their communities create great value for Landmarks and its visitors.
- We are thoughtful and foresighted stewards of the organization’s resources and always encourage others to join us.
In The News
- Archaic Expectations: Freeing Female Roles From A Dollhouse In Society Hill, Hidden City Philadelphia, February 2, 2019.
- Event Calendar: Philadelphia Society for the Preservation of Landmarks (at Eventbrite)
- Facebook: PhilaLandmarks1931
- Houses: Historic Houses
- Twitter: @philalandmarks