Riverfront North Partnership
Allegheny Ave. to Glen Foerd on the Delaware
Connecting You to the Riverfront
The Delaware River City Corp. (DRCC), Now known as the Riverfront North Partnership was formed in 2004 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by former Congressman Robert Borski. In 2006, the City of Philadelphia named the DRCC to facilitate the implementation of the North Delaware Riverfront Greenway Plan.
Mission: To complete and sustain the riverfront trail and network of parks along the Delaware River that connect residents of urban neighborhoods to nature, offering unparalleled recreational, community building, and environmental education activities.
Vision: Create an active trail and network of parks along the Delaware River celebrated as the community’s shared backyard.
The Greenway Plan:
- Eleven miles of riverfront greenway, including trails, parks, green connector streets, and trailheads with parking and restrooms.
- Neighbors, local civic organizations, businesses, and visitors engaged in maintaining and assisting with the security of the Greenway.
- A volunteer infrastructure providing leadership for communications, trail tending, park management, and fundraising committees.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's old About Us page. The new version now called "Story and History" is difficult to quote.
- Event Calendar: Upcoming Events
In The News
- Changing of tides, Star News Philly, June 5.
- Delaware River City Corporation to unveil final design for Bridesburg Riverfront Park, Star News Philly, November 14, 2017.