Robert Sapolsky’s Edutaining “Human Behavioral Biology”
Essay by CJ Fearnley
In this essay I review an important free video course and I highlight three big takeaways from the course: the dangers of categorial thinking, the gene-environment interaction, and understanding and using complex systems thinking to better understand human behavior.
- The bulk of the essay organizes my detailed notes on the videos and the group explorations I organized on topics from the course. You should skim this part unless you are ready for a deep dive (it is a huge amount of material!).
The essay concludes by requesting your feedback on my effort.
- Is it a good guide for edutainment?
- How could or should I improve on enhancing a course like Sapolsky's?
- How can this effort and efforts like it help address the crisis of ignorance that is rampant in our civilization?
- Please let me know what you think of this essay/review.