Difference between revisions of "Neon Museum of Philadelphia"
(Page Needing Work marker deleted)
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
Latest revision as of 14:12, 13 September 2019
Len Davidson began collecting old neon signs in the mid-1970s and established the Neon Museum of Philadelphia in 1985. The Museum's mission is to preserve, restore and display classic neon signs for the public to enjoy. About 150+ neon pieces in the collection date to the 1950's and earlier.
There are several types of pieces in the collection:
- Exterior metal and neon signs with painted faces, such as Levis.
- Exterior metal and neon signs with porcelain faces, such as Lamplighter and Sherwin Williams.
- Neon signs that were hung in windows or displayed in other business interior spaces.
- Neon clocks.
- Neon art pieces.
- Painted plastic signs with back-lit neon interiors.
- Folk art type neon constructions made by old-time tubebenders.
- Non-neon painted wooden signs.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the museum's home page.
In The News
- The Neon Museum of Philadelphia has found a permanent home, Billy Penn, August 11, 2019.