Dictionary result for aphorism
plural noun: aphorisms
- 1. a pithy observation that contains a general truth, such as, “if it ain't broke, don't fix it.”.
- "the old aphorism “the child is father to the man”"
- synonyms: saying, maxim, axiom, adage, precept, epigram, epigraph, dictum, gnome, pearl of wisdom, proverb, saw, tag, motto, expression, phrase, formula; rareapothegm
- 2. a concise statement of a scientific principle, typically by an ancient classical author."the opening sentence of the first aphorism of Hippocrates"
- Money is like heat. It is generated by activitry and radiates away from its possessor.
- The Earth is the caldron, the sea is the soup, the Sun is the fire and the Moon is the spoon that stirred life into existence.
- Helpfulness Brings People Into Focus
- When living things work well together, survival is the result.
- Women are the savior of the Planet.
Everything we know, everything we see, everything we do together depends on agreements. Language is a tool for making agreements, writing is a tool for recording agreements, money is a tool for enumerating our agreements. Agreements among people are the basis for our conscious reality. Without a process for agreed upon concepts, our reality would be awash with meaningless sensations.