Difference between revisions of "Wikidelphia:About"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
m (Protected "Wikidelphia:About" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite) [Move=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)) [cascading])
Revision as of 00:15, 3 May 2018
- Wikidelphia is an indexing tool for crowd sourcing the relationships among the tens of thousands of Philadelphia websites, blogs and other content (“Targets”)
- It is a play-toy for index geeks (Registered Users).
- Users build the Index to Philadelphia websites and can share links to services, organizations, and products. They can promote ideas, and appeal for support. They can also post links to articles and opinions.
- Registered Users maintain their own public listings of entries (Pages) to tie together or simply share their communities of interest.
- Each Page offers a description of the Target along with a link to that site, blog, or content.
- The Wikidelphia Category System (WCS) is a multi-dimensional category system that produces elegant listings of related entries.
- Entries are categorized by as many categories and sub-categories as appropriate.
- The Top Level Categories organize entries by what something IS, what it DOES, what they write ABOUT, who they SERVE, what ISSUES drive their work, what they MAKE, what they SELL, what they TEACH and WHERE their services are available. (see over for details).
- Cross-referencing, in addition to the Categories, provides pathways between related entries. Wikidelphia now has over fourteen hundred pages and sixteen hundred categories. We often find ourselves surprised by the power of the content.