Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Wikidelphia is an indexing tool for crowd sourcing the relationships among the tens of thousands of Philadelphia websites, blogs and other content (“Targets”)
- It is a play-toy for index geeks (Registered Users).
- Users build the Index to Philadelphia and can share links to services, organizations, and products. They can promote ideas, and appeal for support. They can also post links to articles and opinions.
- Each Registered User can maintain their own public listings of entries (Pages) to tie together or simply share their communities of interest.
- Each entry Page offers a description of the Target along with a link to that site, blog, or content.
- A multi-dimensional category system produces elegant listings of related entries: The Wikidelphia Category System (WCS)
- Entries are categorized by as many categories and sub-categories as appropriate.
- The Top Level Categories organize entries by what something IS, what it DOES, what they write ABOUT, who they SERVE, what ISSUES drive their work, what they MAKE, what they SELL, what they TEACH and WHERE their services are available. (see over for details).
- Cross-referencing, in addition to the Categories, provides pathways between related entries. Wikidelphia now has over fourteen hundred pages and sixteen hundred categories. We often find ourselves surprised by the power of the content.