To start, we need to recognize that as thinking beings we created language to allow us to share our agreements about the world.
- Could there be a "little voice in our head" prior to the development of language?
- Things we can see and touch received names, even if never spoken, the name is the product of the little voice.
- Language is a tool: It enables agreements between two or more people's little voice.
- Writing is a tool. It allows agreements to be recorded.
- Money is a tool. It provides methods for numeralizing agreements.
Stan (Wikidelphia publisher)
Posted on Facebook January 5th, 2012
Everything we know, everything we see, everything we do together depends on agreements. Language is a tool for making agreements, writing is a tool for recording agreements, money is a tool for enumerating our agreements. Agreements among people are the basis for our conscious reality. Without a process for agreed upon concepts, our reality would be awash with meaningless sensations.