Advanced Geospatial Technology and Research for Civic and Social Impact
- We believe in the power of technology to improve communities and our planet. Since 2001, we have been stretching the possibilities of geospatial technology to enable our clients to answer complex questions in a wide range of domains: urban ecosystems, water, infrastructure planning, economic development, public transit, elections, public safety, energy, and cultural resources management, to name a few.
- Open Source and Open Data
- We believe that communities of knowledge, culture, and innovation are improved when outcomes are shared, enabling others to more effectively build on past work. See our work on GitHub as well as freestanding open source projects: GeoTrellis, OpenTreeMap, DistrictBuilder, and OpenDataPhilly. Through our Summer of Maps fellowship, we support geospatial data analysis projects for nonprofits.
- Certified B Corporation
- B Corporations meet comprehensive social and environmental performance standards. The B Corporation status emphasizes the triple bottom line of social responsibility, sustainability and profitability. What matters to us is the choices we make in terms of the projects we work on, how we treat one another, and the values we apply in our every-day operations.
- Meet The Team
- We are dedicated to creating meaningful impact in the communities we serve. Our team is made up of talented individuals who work together to solve some of the most complex geospatial challenges of our generation. We also spend time volunteering, mentoring others in and outside the office, and hosting and participating in community and educational events.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the company's About page.
In The News
- You don’t need a GIS background to work at Azavea, Technical.ly Philly, November 1, 2017.
- Azavea CEO on Amazon HQ2: ‘A chance for Philly to land this would be fabulous’, Technical.ly Philly, October 9, 2017.
- SBN Entry: Azavea: Member Since 2009