Black Lives Matter Philly
The Official Black Lives Matter Chapter in Philadelphia
BLM Philly is a Black-centered organization that collaborates with partners to build a politically and economically empowered, healthy, and whole Black community with the ultimate goal of building Black power and liberation for all Black people.
Our Mission is to co-create intersectional and transformative movement within Black-centered organizations and institutions already on the ground and open up accessible lines of inquiry for black communities to name and claim their needs and provide resources and support in that process.
We are committed to collectively, lovingly and courageously working vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension all people. As we forge our path, we intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About BLM Philly page.
In The News
- Temple stadium protesters block traffic on North Broad, Philadelphia Tribune, May 1, 2018.
- Philly social justice advocates mine lessons from MLK’s legacy, WHYY, April 3, 2018.
- Philly Black Lives Matter week of action addresses colorism, Philadelphia Tribune, February 7, 2018.
- After recent protest at Philly cop's home, hundreds gather in Northeast to 'Back the Blue', Newsworks, August 31, 2017.
- Facebook: blacklivesmatterphilly