Center for Literacy
Center for Literacy (CFL) disrupts the cycle of poverty by providing the knowledge and skills for parents to succeed in postsecondary education, to compete in the 21st century economy, and to support the educational attainment of their children.
Currently, CFL provides a range of free community literacy programs to best serve our students:
- Adult Education classes to improve the literacy skills of our learners and to serve as a pipeline into our classes to prepare for the GED® or High School Equivalency.
- Comprehensive family literacy programming.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)/English Language Acquisition – with beginning, intermediate, and advanced English classes.
- Opportunity Youth – programming is done in partnership with the Philadelphia Youth Network’s (PYN) E³ Power Centers, where CFL literacy specialists provide literacy services to out-of-school youth, ages 16-21.
- Small group or one-on-one tutoring.