Community Empowerment Study Group
'This page is devoted to collecting resources for a group to use towards understanding community in the broadest sense. It will include the study of traditional "community development" of physical community assets as well as the human assets that make communities valuable socially, politically, and economically. It will also collect study options that relate to empowering communities through community self-awareness, individual participation, and leadership.'
- 1 What Is A Community?
- 2 Mutual Aid
- 3 Asset Based Community Development
- 4 Community Participation
- 5 Community Development
- 6 Group Process
- 7 Project Management
- 8 Social Networks
- 9 Networked Social Work
- 10 Social Capital
- 11 Frame Theory Of Social Structure
- 12 Education and Life Long Learning
- 13 Dunning-Kruger Effect
What Is A Community?
Asset Based Community Development
- Building Communities from the Inside Out A Key Book!!!
- A basic Capacity Inventory from the book "Building Communities from the Inside Out"
- A 96 page guide to conducting capacity inventories by the authors of Building Communities - "This guide is written for people working in communities and struggling to understand how best to capture the potential of all citizens."
- Video advice from a 6-yr old: http://www.fahe.org/blog/straight-talk-faith/