Red Paw Emergency Relief Team
The Red Paw Emergency Relief Team is an emergency services, nonprofit organization that works in conjunction with the American Red Cross, Philadelphia Fire Department, Philadelphia Office of Emergency Management and other public and private disaster relief organizations to provide emergency assistance including search & rescue, emergency transport, shelter, and veterinary care to animals involved in fires and other residential disasters.
Our mission is to provide relief and recovery for displaced pets and their people 24/7, free of charge and to ensure that ALL family members are taken care of during and after a disaster in their home.
- To provide emergency services to animals displaced by disaster situations, including fires, flooding, gas leaks, building collapses, hurricanes, etc. and to keep families together
- To impart education on best practices and guidelines concerning responsible pet care including the importance of veterinary care, training, exercise, socialization, and companionship
- To promote community awareness of fire prevention and emergency preparedness guidelines to include pets
- To uphold accountability and maintain a presence in communities and keep our supporters informed
In The News
- Five for Friday: Red Paw Emergency Relief's Jennifer Leary: Pet rescue team founder shares important tips for pet owners, Philly Voice, March 25, 2016.
- Atlanta Man Running in Philly Marathon to Raise Money for Philadelphia's Red Paw, NBC-10, November 20, 2015.
- Event Calendar: Events