Repent America (RA)
REPENT v. To turn away from sin, to sorrow or be pained for violating God's holy law, a dishonor to His character and government, and the foulest ingratitude to a Being of infinite benevolence.It gives the following descriptive information:
REPENT AMERICA (RA) is a evangelistic organization based in the birthplace of America, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and desires to be in the full Will of God and to adhere entirely to the teachings of the Bible. We have a passion to serve the Lord and are devoted to reaching the lost, so that they might come unto the knowledge of the truth and be saved.
As Christians, we believe that "it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment." (Hebrews 9:27) We believe in the reality of an eternal Heaven and Hell, and the words of Christ, who said, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." (John 3:3) Therefore, out of love for our neighbor and in obedience to Christ's command to "preach the Gospel to every creature" (Mark 16:15), we act upon these truths without reservation and GO OUT into the streets and communities of America declaring the word of God and proclaiming the Good News.
We must "seek and save that which was lost" just like Jesus did. (Luke 19:10) We must go to those who would never come into our churches -- the atheists, the religious, the self-righteous, the God-hating -- and win their souls to Christ. Jesus said that He went out into the streets to purposefully pursue the lost, for He "came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." (Luke 5:32)
In The News
- Repent America Launches Campaign to Stop Curtis Bay Energy from Collecting Abortion 'Waste', Christian Newswire, January 20, 2012.
- Christian, Pro-Family Groups Stand Up Against 'Criminalizing' Right to Speak Truth, Christian Post, July 8, 2007.
- DOJ Labels Repent America 'Fundamentalist Hate Group' in Training Classes; Marcavage Cites Anti-Christian Bias, Americans For Truth, May 28, 2007.
- Volunteer: Get Involved with Repent America!
- Volunteer: Evangelistic Outreach Guidelines (PDF)
- Volunteer: Evangelistic Outreach Application Form (DOC)