North Light Community Center (NLCC)
(Redirected from Living in Manayunk)Jump to navigation Jump to search
North Light Community Center is a place where... children come to learn and play...where their parents come for advice and assistance. Where neighbors meet... to discuss community issues... and new solutions are forged. North Light is a place filled with joy, energy, action and commitment.
Our vision is to support and strengthen our diverse neighborhoods by meeting the evolving needs of individuals and families. We work to develop the whole person from educating to providing sustenance, and thus, cultivate a vibrant community.
SCEP WorkReady has provided summer jobs, career counseling and mentoring to over 1,000 teens since 1982. http://www.northlightcommunitycenter.org/?page_id=108
In The News
- Manayunk Restaurants, 'United As One,' Deliver Over 700 Meals To Those In Need Throughout Community, CBS-3, December 20, 2020.
- Manayunk in uproar over St. Mary's development, Philly Dot Com, March 27, 2017.
- Manayunk Sport and Social Club
- Meets at North Light and uses the North Light gym
- Does-After School Activities (50)
- Does-Computer Training (23)
- Does-Employment Counseling (31)
- Does-Facility Rentals (101)
- Does-Homework Help (10)
- Does-Information and Referral (85)
- Does-Mentoring (44)
- Does-Sport Teams (3)
- Does-Workforce Training (29)
- Is-Community Tech Center (18)
- Is-Social Service (147)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Social Service (67)
- Issue-Sports (16)
- Serves-Children and Youth (88)
- Serves-Family/Community (32)