Paul Robeson House and Museum
By the time the West Philadelphia Cultural Alliance (WPCA) set its eyes on the twin rowhouse at 4951 Walnut Street, it was in horrid condition. No longer was its wooden porch the warm spot where Paul Robeson had sat for some fresh air and to watch neighbors pass by. The restoration of the Robeson House was completed in 2015.
In The News
- With a ceremonial mortgage burning, the Paul Robeson House marks its next chapter, Plan Philly, January 26, 2020.
- Black history museums struggle to survive amid Philly revival, Hidden City Philadelphia, July 30, 2018.
- History: Help Us Solve These Mysteries
- History: History of Paul Robeson House
- History: Restoration of Paul Robeson House