Philadelphia Insectarium and Butterfly Pavilion
We are proud to be Philadelphia's newest science museum and to showcase one of the most diverse living arthropod collections in the United States. With two floors of new museum exhibits, a 7,000 square foot tropical butterfly pavilion, and Next Generation aligned educational programming, we offer a unique and interactive experience for all to enjoy.
We are fully committed to educating the public about the environmental importance of arthropods. Our community events, classes, and free programs help us to teach individuals about the ecology of the most important group of animals in the world: insects!
Note: The above description came from the museum's home page.
- Camps: Summer Camps
- Education: School Tours
- Location and Hours: Contact
- Video: Butterflies! (YouTube)
In The News
- What really happened to those stolen Insectarium bugs?, Northeast Times, February 25, 2022.
- FBI Involved in Hunt for Thousands of Rare Insects Stolen from Philadelphia Museum, NBC-10, September 7, 2018.
- A day away: In Philadelphia, there is a special place where bugs are adored, Reading Eagle, June 2, 2016.