PhillyCAM Radio WPPM 106.5 FM
Jump to navigation Jump to search
PhillyCAM Radio WPPM 106.5 gives the following descriptive information:
- PhillyCAM is a community media center that brings together the people of Philadelphia to make and share media that promotes creative expression, democratic values and civic participation. Our Low Power FM Radio Station is one of the many programs and services PhillyCAM offers for community use for its membership.
- After a 27 year long battle for public access TV, in 2009, PhillyCAM aired its first programs on Comcast 66/966 and Verizon 29/30. Activists and independent media producers rejoiced when Philly opened its first public access media center in the city. Media producers now had a community platform where they could share their stories and educate the public. Since then PhillyCAM has broadcasted thousands of hours of rich, diverse programming from community members and trained hundreds of people in media production.
- In 2013, PhillyCAM set its sights on radio and submitted an application to the FCC for a Low Power FM radio license. In January 2015, PhillyCAM was awarded a construction permit to broadcast on 106.5 FM in Philadelphia. Since then, we have been working to train radio producers, build a radio membership, raise money, and create radio programming for our station. In the next 7 months, we’ll continue growing our radio project and working towards getting on the FM by summer of 2016!
- Update: The station did launch successfully and can be heard.
In The News
- New radio station focuses on community involvement, Philadelphia Tribune, October 15, 2016.
- A community radio station is coming to life inside Hive76, Technical.ly Philly, June 14, 2016.
- Stream: WPPM FM Listen Live
- Facebook: Support WPPM 106.5 FM and help us launch our community radio station!