Young Men's Initiative
Philadelphia Futures takes seriously its commitment to improving educational and life outcomes for the young men we serve. Launched in 2006, our Young Men's Initiative (YMI) provides gender-specific resources and support to our male Sponsor-A-Scholar (SAS) and College Connection students as they navigate high school and prepare for college and to lead fulfilling lives.
YMI offers targeted activities designed to:
- Expose boys to male role models.
- Develop leadership potential and career awareness.
- Strengthen academic and personal skills.
- Recognize achievement and offer academic and cultural enrichment.
- Create a positive peer group of college-bound young men.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the program's home page.
- Volunteer: Invitation to the Community to Get Involved