America's Mutual Banks
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mutual Bank Trade Association
We are composed of persons and institutions who are committed to the preservation and advancement of mutuality as a viable business model for FDIC depository institutions.
- Our goal is to be the voice to promote the mutual agenda among Federal and State legislators, regulators and other policymakers.
- Another major goal is to educate legislators, regulators and other stakeholders on the unique attributes of the mutual form of ownership.
- We strive to preserve mutual institutions' freedom of choice with respect to Federal or State charter and form of corporate charter.
- America's Mutual Banks also works with the national and state trade groups to promote mutuality and will assist those trade groups on other issues, if deemed advisable, to the extent not inconsistent with our purpose.
- A mutual company is a private firm that is owned by its customers or policyholders.