Bethel Chapel Church

From Wikidelphia
Revision as of 19:00, 9 November 2020 by PaulSank (talk | contribs) (Page Needing Work marker deleted)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

bethelchapelchurch.com

Where the Bible is Taught and Lived

It all began in the year 1899, when the Lord laid upon the heart of C. Clay Green a need for a gospel work in the vicinity of 25th and York Streets. After much prayer, a small group of Christians, under his leadership, began a teaching ministry in a small rented house located at 2329 North 25th Street. Bethel Sunday School, or 25th Street Mission as first known, was organized March 19, 1899 with thirty-two pupils attending.

In 1928, again under God’s direction and after many hours of prayer, a piece of ground located on the corner of K & Lycoming Streets in Juniata Park, was purchased. While services continued at the York Street location, a house located at 4038 “O” Street was rented where Sunday School classes were held on Sunday afternoons. God soon enabled the purchase of a used chapel building which was moved to the new location site.

Juniata in the year 1928, was not as we now know it. To the north and to the west of Bethel were wide open fields filled with sun flowers. K Street, north of Hunting Park Avenue, was a dirt road. Sunday School Picnics were held at Juniata Park and were great times of fun and fellowship.

How marvelous it is to see God's faithful leading over the last one hundred years. With grateful hearts, we thank Him! May God continue to bless as Bethel endeavors to be a lighthouse in Juniata Park, pointing many to the "Lamb of God, which taketh away the sins of the world."

Note:  The above descriptive information were excerpted from the church's Our History page.

In The News

Info