Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia
Make Biking Better
Through advocacy and education, we lead the movement to make bicycling a safe and fun way to get around for anyone in Greater Philadelphia.
Building on our success in getting over 200 miles of bike lanes, inspiring the Circuit trail network and bringing bike share to Philadelphia, we advocate for a connected network of streets safe for bicycling and walking.
Since 1972, we have partnered with community, governmental, public and private actors in order to effect change that makes our streets safer for everyone. We’re proud to have 2400 households partnering with us as members!
We take our work seriously. But riding a bike is fun – we don’t let the fact that it’s convenient, healthy, green and affordable distract from the pure joy of it.
Note: The above description came from the organization's About the Bicycle Coalition page.
In The News
- Could protected bike lanes be going up in NoLibs in the near future?, Star News Philly, February 4, 2019.
- City youth advance education through bicycle program’s scholarship, Philadelphia Tribune, October 24, 2017.
- A Q&A with Sarah Clark Stuart, Philly’s biggest bicycling advocate, Curbed Philadelphia, September 19, 2017.
- Hundreds pack Fitler Square school auditorium to disagree over proposed protected bike lane pilot, Plan Philly, July 18, 2017.
- Event Calendar: Calendar
- Facebook: bicycle.coalition
- Member Organizations: Our Partners and Sponsors
- Twitter: @bgcp
- Volunteer: Volunteer
- Youth: Bicycle Coalition Youth Cycling