COVID-19 Notice: Wikidelphia has a special category for helpful funding sources, organizations, and programs. See Issue-Coronavirus Pandemic.
Wikidelphia™ is primarily a crowd-sourced, categorized index to websites. It aims to answer the question, "What are the people of the Philadelphia region doing to help themselves, their neighbors and their communities?" It covers the entire city and has nearly reached the goal of having at least one entry from every single neighborhood.
Wikidelphia currently has 2,407 pages organized with over 3,400 overlapping categories. If you'd like to get a sense of the variety of topics here, click on the "Random page" link in the sidebar menu.
Calling all info geeks! Wikidelphia seeks Indexers and Topic Curators!
Take charge of the information about your passion! Get your name in lights (or bold text)! Register for free as an editor to add to or update Wikidelphia! Write to Stan Pokras (email@example.com) for a username and password. If you've never made or edited a Wiki page before, we'll be delighted to give you a lesson. There will always be new pages to make and existing pages to update at Wikidelphia!
- Popular Issues
- Categories for Children * Categories for Families * Categories for Employment
- Categories for Business * Categories for Housing * Categories for Food
- Categories for Education * Categories for Health * Categories for Seniors
- Categories for Youth
- A great place to begin: Top Level of the Wikidelphia Category System (WCS)
- See event calendars from all over Philly: Does-Event Calendar
- Arts & Culture Resource Page
- Housing Resource Page
- Jobs Resource Page
- Business: We have Is-Business, Is-Business Association, and Is-Business Directory
- Volunteer Gigs: Using-Volunteers and Volunteering in Philadelphia can keep you busy!
- Community Resource Page
- Advocacy: Is-Advocacy Organization shows a multitude of causes being championed!
- Liberating Structures
- Idea Pages
- Philly Custom Search | Search for anything in or related to Philadelphia. This feature provides a search of over 250 Philadelphia blogs, Web and news sites.
- Philly News Feeds | CBS-3, ABC-6, NBC-10, Newsworks, WFMZ, Inquirer, Philly.com, Delco Times, Courier Times, ...
- The Encyclopedia of Greater Philadelphia | A civic project produced by the Mid-Atlantic Regional Center for the Humanities (MARCH) at Rutgers-Camden.
- "Sullivan Principles" By Molly Roth | The Global Sullivan Principles, launched in 1977 by Philadelphia civil rights leader Leon H. Sullivan (1922-2001), represent one of the twentieth century’s most powerful attempts to effect social justice through economic leverage.
- PhilaPlace An Interactive Resource About Places In Philly
- Category:Is-Other Network To be a new wiki about global and local networks of people
- Wikidelphia's Page For Itself
Helpfulness brings people into focus. Community Magic collects and builds tools people can use to help members of their community. The aim is to make useful connections among neighbors and communities. When enough people are busy connecting their neighbors, and they themselves are connected to each other, magical things can happen!
|Stan's Original Introduction to Wikidelphia|
Wikidelphia is a trademark of and is managed by Community Magic, a project of the Uptown Entertainment and Development Corporation (UEDC).
Wikidelphia does not recommend or endorse the agencies or resources listed on this site. This is an informational site only. We encourage users to carefully review and evaluate all services and decide what is best to meet their needs and the needs of their families, neighbors, clients, associates, and friends.