Philadelphia Flower Show

From Wikidelphia
Revision as of 14:38, 8 August 2015 by PaulSank (talk | contribs) (new page)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

http://theflowershow.com/

The PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, a program of the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society is an annual event that was first held in 1829 in an 82-by-69-foot building called Masonic Hall on Chestnut Street. Twenty-five Society members showed off their horticultural treasures, including a variety of exotic and native plants.

In 1966, the Show was presented in the lower level of the Civic Center and, in 1968, the [PHS became the official producer. The Flower Show remained in the Civic Center until 1996, when it moved to its current location at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. In this Center City venue, the Show encompasses 33 indoor acres, with exhibit space taking up 10 acres of the main exhibit hall. The Show now entertains more than 265,000 people each year.