Philadelphia Parks and Recreation (PPR)
Philadelphia Parks & Recreation connects the city’s residents to the natural world, to each other, and to fun physical and social opportunities. We manage historically significant Philadelphia events and special venues, and we work with communities and organizations, leading capital projects and introducing creative programming.
Philadelphia's large, diverse parks and recreation system provides something for everyone. Listed below are some of facilities and programs we’re responsible for:
- 300+ neighborhood parks, rec centers, and playgrounds.
- 166 miles of trails and 40 historic sites.
- 60 community gardens, farms, and orchards.
- 3 environmental education centers.
- 600+ baseball, softball, football, and soccer fields.
- 74 pools.
- 400+ basketball and 200+ tennis courts.
- 5 ice skating rinks.
- 5 golf courses.
- 25 public computer centers.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the department's home page.
In The News
- Philly aims to bring composting to the masses, Metro, June 19, 2019.
- Philadelphia to launch city-wide composting network of up to 25 sites, Philadelphia Inquirer, June 19, 2019.
Eakins Oval * Fairmount Park Conservancy * Friends of the Wissahickon (FOW) * Heitzman Recreation Center * Laura Sims Skate House in Cobbs Creek Park * Love Your Park * Philly Keyspots * Schuylkill Banks * TreePhilly * Water Tower Recreation Center