Building a Skilled and Thriving Workforce
Philadelphia Works serves employers and career seekers in Philadelphia. As a non-profit organization, we fund and oversee employment and training services to help Philadelphia employers access the talent they need to be competitive. Our investments in training and employment readiness solutions are informed by our relationships with businesses and our understanding of their needs. These solutions enable youth and adults to find and qualify for work. Through our service delivery partners, Philadelphia Works connects employers to workforce talent and career seekers to jobs while maintaining the highest standards and accountability for these investments.
What We Do
- Fund and oversee career guidance, job training, and job placement services offered by our service delivery partners in PA CareerLink® centers and the community.
- Offer employers wage subsidies, employee training and re-training assistance, and work with them to help employees who have been laid off.
- Conduct research on employment and workforce trends and provide our findings to businesses, policy makers, service providers and the media.
- Promote public policy that meets the needs of jobseekers and employers.
Philadelphia Works is supported by federal, state, city, and privately-raised employment and training funds.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About Us page.
In The News
- Lyft is partnering with a Philly social service agency to help people get to work, Plan Philly, December 6, 2019.
- Workforce development leaders share their perspectives, Philadelphia Tribune, December 11, 2017.