Difference between revisions of "Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia"
(added See Also section)
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 08:46, 13 December 2016
The Pro-Life Union of Greater Philadelphia gives the following descriptive information:
- A Pregnancy Hotline, open 24/7 for women in crisis situations.
- Sidewalk counseling for those considering abortion.
- Memorial displays to remember those lost and the lives impacted by abortion.
- Provision of housing for women, families, and children.
We use our commitment to the sanctity of every human life and our hope for humanity to advocate and serve so that the people of the Greater Philadelphia area will experience the joy realized in a Culture of Life. We foster a cohesive vision and strategy for a Culture of Life across Greater Philadelphia, which is realized through member organizations that share our beliefs in Philadelphia, Bucks, Chester, Delaware, and Montgomery counties.
Our beliefs, expressed through the work of our member organizations, are incarnated in a variety of ways: in the context of the family and through service to those who are in need of help as they make the choice for life; through sharing by way of education and outreach; and through Culture of Life attitudes toward public policy at the local, state and federal level.
- We believe that through the grace of Almighty God and through our good stewardship our culture will be transformed and so we serve in a spirit of hope.
- We believe in the sanctity of all human life, from the moment of conception until the moment of natural death.
- We believe that there is a need for prophetic voices within the institutions of our area and in the community at large, voices that speak the truth with love on behalf of marriage, family, and the rights of children.
- We believe that it is essential for those who take up the work of the pro-life movement to remain united in our vision and strategy so that our mission is realized in every generation and that we treat all people with honor and respect.
- We believe that building strategic relationships with leaders in government, religious institutions, community organizations and the business community is essential to our mission.
This organization is based in Oreland, Pennsylvania.