Transition Town Media (TTM)
Building Spirit, Building Resilience, Building Bridges
We are a group of neighbors and friends working to build a stronger, more resilient future for all of us in the Greater Media Area. Like you, we are concerned about the rising costs of living, climate change, access to healthy food and water, and living in a way that reduces our impact on the planet. We recognize that our government and institutions can’t adequately address all these concerns and that it is up to us, as a community, to strengthen our local economy and to keep ourselves and our families happy and healthy.
Transition efforts are designed to help our community become more self-sufficient, economically and socially vibrant, and enriched through personal connection.
If any of the following appeal to you, you'll be into Transition!
- Supporting a sustainable local economy.
- Recycling, up-cycling and restoring.
- Living simply and having low or no debt.
- Reducing energy costs and using renewable energy.
- Forming closer connections with your neighbors.
- Learning the skills your grandparents knew.
- Cooking from scratch.
- Using healthy local foods, or growing your own.
- Social justice and fairness.
- Preserving our natural environment.
Note: This organization is headquartered in Media, Pennsylvania.
- Blog: Blog
- Email Newsletter: Newsletter
- Event Calendar: Events
- Facebook: TransitionTownMedia
- Membership: Become a Member
- Twitter: TransitionTownMedia
- Volunteer: Volunteer