Bethany Christian Services Philadelphia
Bethany Christian Services Philadelphia, also known as "Bethany In Philadelphia", gives the following descriptive information:
Since 1944, Bethany Christian Services has been reaching out to children who are alone or vulnerable. As a worldwide and community leader in adoption and family services, we know that a child's best chance to thrive is as part of a safe, loving, forever family.
What We Do in Philadelphia
- Domestic Foster Care: There is a growing need for families willing to open their hearts and homes to children and teenagers who have been removed from their families because of neglect or abuse. The highest-priority need is for foster homes for sibling groups and children from minority groups.
- Foster Care Adoptions: Children in foster care have faced hardship and pain during their lives. There are more than 100,000 children in foster care who are available for adoption and they are waiting for a family like yours.
- Infant Adoption: Our goal is to help expectant parents, and the adoptive families they choose, to make the adoption plan that works best for them and the child they both love.
- International Adoption:  Many children around the world are waiting for a forever family. Can you open your heart and home to one of these children?
- Pregnancy Support: We are here for you. The choices that you make will be life-changing and we are here to help support you.
- Refugee and Immigrant Resettlement: Connects refugee and immigrant families with churches and community resources to help them adjust to their new life in the U.S.
- Safe Families for Children: This network of volunteer host families helps parents who need temporary care for their children as they face unmanageable or critical circumstances.
This is a local office--in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania--of a national organization.