Jump to navigation Jump to search
During one week in August, children ages 5 -17 attend Camp Dreamcatcher.
- The children coming to camp may be coping with the HIV/AIDS infection of a family member, the death of one or both parents, or their own HIV/AIDS infection.
- The purpose of Camp Dreamcatcher is to provide children whose lives have been touched by HIV/AIDS with a chance to get away from home for a week and have fun!
- The children enjoy swimming, basketball, campfires, hiking, boating, arts/crafts, a carnival, scavenger hunts, horeseback riding, an adventure challenge course, go-kart racing, miniature golfing and the much anticipated dance and Talent Show!!
- The camp also offers the children a chance to express their feelings in a safe therapeutic environment. Professionals in the fields of psychotherapy, music/art therapy, yoga and massage facilitate individual and group experiences for the children.
- In all, over 260 counselors, medical staff and other professionals volunteer their expertise to make the camp an unforgettable experience for the children.