Campaign for Working Families (CWF)
Free Tax Prep and Resource Building
The Campaign for Working Families, Inc. (CWF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization committed to helping working families and individuals achieve economic empowerment by providing free tax preparation, resource building and asset development.
CWF was organized in 2003 to help working families move up the economic ladder. Initially created at the Fox Leadership Center at the University of Pennsylvania, the Campaign moved to the offices of the Urban Affairs Coalition (UAC) in July 2003. UAC served as its managing partner until May 2016. Supported by a strong group of local partners, CWF provides free tax services, access to savings products, help with credit counseling, financial education, information about public benefits, and referrals for other services in neighborhoods throughout the community.
We work to increase the economic viability of low income working households so that they can plan for stable, secure futures and can participate fully in civic and community life. We promote a fair marketplace for financial goods and services and the ability of the people we serve to operate independently in that marketplace.
CWF facilitates increased financial stability and asset accumulation for families by connecting them to valuable tax credits, quality financial services, savings options, wealth building resources and public benefits. We operate community based tax sites offering e-file, direct deposit, public benefits applications, as well as access to pre-paid debit cards and saving products screening to help clients save money. Our services allow families to maximize federal and state tax credits, including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's About page.
In The News
- Free virtual tax preparation available, Northeast Times, April 28, 2020.
- Facebook: @CWFPhilly
- Internships: Internship
- Tax Help: Tax Filer Resources
- Twitter: @CWFPhilly
- Volunteer: Volunteer and Make a Difference
- Does-Free Tax Preparation (3)
- Does-Internships (37)
- Does-Tax Return Preparation (4)
- Is-Advocacy Organization (487)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Issue-Coronavirus Pandemic (46)
- Issue-Economic Development (80)
- Issue-Human Relations (25)
- Issue-Social Change (113)
- Issue-Workforce Development (38)
- Serves-Family/Community (32)
- Serves-Low Income People (52)
- Using-Volunteers (333)