Cape May County Park & Zoo (CMC Zoo)
The Cape May County Park & Zoo in Cape May Court House, New Jersey, provides free year-round admission to a collection of more than 550 animals representing 250 species in 85 acres (34 ha) of exhibits. The zoo is located at 707 Route 9 North, in the center of Cape May County's Central Park, and together the zoo and the park cover about 220 acres (89 ha). The zoo began operation in 1978. Its principal exhibit areas are a 57-acre (23 ha) African Savanna, a free-flight aviary, and a reptile collection. In addition to the Zoo and Park Central, there is also Park East, Park North and Park South.
The zoo also has a train ride and carousel. The train is trackless and can take visitors all around the zoo. The carousel has zoo animals for riding seats unlike the traditional horses on most carousels.
Note: The above descriptive information came from Wikipedia.
In The News
- Visitors return to reopened zoo, Cape May County Herald, June 16, 2020.
- Cape May Zoo offering virtual tours while closed for coronavirus, New Jersey 101.5, March 18, 2020.
- Event Calendar: Zoo Event Calendar
- Facebook: @capemaycountyparkzoo
- Internships: Internships
- Twitter: @capemayzoo
- Videos: Cape May County Park & Zoo Education Department (YouTube Channel)
- Volunteering: Volunteering
- About-Animals (6)
- Does-Animal Care (13)
- Does-Event Calendar (390)
- Does-Facility Rentals (101)
- Does-Internships (37)
- Does-Virtual Tour (6)
- Is-Government Agency (64)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Is-Tourist Attraction (114)
- Is-Zoo (2)
- Serves-Families (53)
- Using-Volunteers (333)
- Where-Cape May County NJ (17)
- Where-Cape May Court House NJ (3)
- Where-Jersey Shore (59)