Career Wardrobe is a nonprofit social enterprise that uses clothing and professional development to empower unemployed individuals to work. The Boutique is the cornerstone of our program and provides professional clothing to individuals in transition. Job seekers can shop at no cost with a referral or for a small fee if they are not receiving government assistance. In Philadelphia, our Boutique is also open to public where savvy shoppers can find great deals on women’s designer and contemporary clothing with all sales supporting our services.
in 2016, we expanded to serve people throughout the region, opening boutique in Bucks and Delaware Counties. We also became the sole provider of PA WORKWEAR programs to provide professional clothing to people on public assistance in the region by providing over site of partners serving Chester, Berks, and Montgomery Counties.
Although most people are referred to Career Wardrobe from nonprofits and government agencies, our Open Access program opens our wardrobe to those who are not connected to the social service system to shop directly at The Wardrobe Boutique on a sliding scare.
Note: The above description came from the organization's Our Mission page.
- Volunteer: Volunteer today to support Career Wardrobe
In The News
- Want to donate clothing? Check out these options in West Philly, West Philly Local, January 24, 2020.
- Spring cleaning in Philly: Where to donate your stuff so it helps others, Billy Penn, April 10, 2018.
- Nonprofit Helping Women And Men Now Impacting Thousands, CBS-3, November 10, 2017.
- Career Wardrobe Presents Its Annual Charity Fashion Show With Local Celebrities, Philly Chit Chat, June 13, 2017.