Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP)
Breakthroughs. Every Day. Let's Get Started.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start in 1855, CHOP has been the birthplace for countless breakthroughs and dramatic firsts in pediatric medicine. Built on a foundation of delivering safe, high-quality, family-centered care, the Hospital has fostered medical discoveries and innovations that have improved pediatric healthcare and saved countless children's lives. Today, families facing complex conditions come to CHOP from all over the world, and our compassionate care and innovation has repeatedly earned us a spot on the U.S. News & World Report's Honor Roll of the nation's best children's hospitals.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the hospital's About Children's Hospital of Philadelphia page.
In The News
- Here’s Where CHOP Ranks Among Leading U.S. Children’s Hospitals, Philadelphia Magazine, June 27, 2017.
- Conjoined twin girls separated by CHOP surgeons, ABC-6, June 13, 2017.
- Hope Still Stands for Children Battling Cancer, CBS-3, June 7, 2017.
- Email Newsletter: Sign Up for Newsletters
- Facebook: @ChildrensHospitalofPhiladelphia
- Twitter: @ChildrensPhila
- Volunteer: WaWa Volunteer Services
- Community Asthma Prevention Program (CAPP)
- Healthy Weight Food Pharmacy
- Kids-N-Hope Foundation
- PriCARE Parenting Program