Congregation Rodeph Shalom
Congregation Rodeph Shalom gives the following descriptive information:
Congregation Rodeph Shalom is a Reform congregation in Center City Philadelphia. As an inclusive community, we offer services, opportunities to engage & activities for a diverse population, including interfaith couples & individuals of varied backgrounds and sexual orientations.
Our vision is to awaken our human spirit to the possibilities within and between us. We create a Jewish community of profound connections through transformative study, prayer, and urban engagement. Standing on the shoulders of our historic congregation's founders, we dedicate ourselves to ensuring the future of the Jewish people. To pursue our vision we:
- Welcome all who come to explore or deepen their connection to Judaism and God.
- Find strength in our diversity of perspective, age, gender, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, family constellation, and socio-economic background.
- Welcome interfaith families with open arms.
- Rejoice with each other in times of joy and comfort each other in times of sadness.
- Lift our voices in prayer, embracing the faithful and the skeptic.
- Wrestle with the many faces of the Divine on our journeys of growth and spirituality.
- Engage in the lifelong study of Torah, adding our voices to the generations of interpretation.
- Repair the brokenness in our neighborhood and the world.
- Celebrate our connection to Israel and Jews globally, providing a forum for learning and discussion.
- Draw inspiration from the beauty of the musical, visual, and performing arts.
- Cultivate a commitment to Jewish life and Jewish identity in the next generation.
- Reflect, renew, and innovate in the spirit of Reform Judaism.