The Easter Promenade is an annual event that gave the following descriptive information in 2017:
Hop on down for FREE, egg-citing family fun during the 86th annual Easter Promenade! Come dressed in your Sunday Best and promenade down South Street in this grand and popular tradition.
Master of Ceremonies Henri David returns to lead the parade from the corner of Passyunk Avenue/South Street down to Headhouse Square (2nd Street) starting at 12:30pm.
Enjoy Easter treats, live music from the Philadelphia Freedom Band, the Bunny Hop, and much more. Bring your camera for photos with Mr. and Mrs. Peter Cottontail and stick and see who wins the best dressed contests!
Special appearances from 6-ABC’s Alicia Vitarelli and WDAS’s Patty Jackson.
Celebrity judges Councilman Mark Squilla, Philly Metro Editor Jen Logue, Elena Brennan, owner of Bus Stop Boutique and Jillian Pirtle, CEO of the Marian Anderson Society and former Miss Black PA will judge the contestants in the following categories:
- Best Dressed Little Girl (2-5 years).
- Best Dressed Little Boy (2-5 years).
- Best Dressed Young Girl (6-12 years).
- Best Dressed Young Boy (6-12 years).
- Best Dressed Teen Girl (13-19 years).
- Best Dressed Teen Boy (13-19 years).
- Best Dressed Woman (20+ years).
- Best Dressed Man (20+ years).
- Best Dressed Family.
- Best Dressed Pet.
- Best Easter Bonnet.
- Best South Street Razzle Dazzle.
Don’t miss this free family event, filled with fun and surprises! Be sure to come early or stay afterwards to enjoy a fabulous brunch at one of our wonderful restaurants or enjoy a day of shopping in our wide variety of stores.
In The News
- Photos: 86-Year Journey to This Year's South Street Annual Easter Promenade, NBC-10, April 16, 2017.
- Onlookers Enjoy Weather At Philadelphia’s Annual Easter Promenade, CBS-3, April 16, 2017.
- Celebrating Easter in Philadelphia and beyond, ABC-6, April 16, 2017.