We Are Running a Community Seafood Buyers Club
Fishadelphia is a community seafood program based in Philadelphia.
Fishadelphia connects communities: we bring high quality, fresh seafood from regional harvesters and processors to economically and culturally diverse consumers at reasonable prices. Fishadelphia's day-to-day operations are planned and coordinated by a group of high school students at Mastery Charter Thomas Campus in South Philadelphia and Simon Gratz Mastery Charter in North Philadelphia.
Our goals are:
- Everyone has access to delicious and affordable seafood.
- Our customers know where their food comes from and how to care for it.
- Our harvesters and processors make a good living.
- We support sustainable harvest of seafood.
- We promote connection, understanding, and solidarity between and within eating and fishing communities.
- We act as a model and inspiration for other youth-oriented work.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the program's Fishadelphia's Mission page.
In The News
- Fishadelphia: A Great Catch, Passyunk Post, July 23, 2020.
- Philadelphia’s new spot for fresh fish is ... in a school?, WHYY, February 12, 2018.
- Facebook: @Fishadelphia
- Online Store: Sign up and buy swag here!
- Twitter: @FishadelphiaCsf
- Video: Visit to Fisherman's Dock Cooperative (3m45s)