Francisville Neighborhood Development Coalition (FNDC)
Francisville Community Is "All" Of Us!
The Francisville Neighborhood Development Corporation (FNDC) mission is to improve the quality of life in the Francisville community through Commercial and Residential Development and to implement programs designed to develop the youth, aid senior citizens, and generally invest in the people of Francisville. Our aim is to be a resource for information and communication, thereby insuring that all residents can have an active role in the growth and development of their community.
Formally known as Concerned Residents of Francisville Community Development Corporation, Francisville NDC, a 501c3 non-profit organization, was formed in 2002 by Penelope Giles, (ED/Founder/President), with the invaluable help and support of Mr. Fred Snead Ali. The organization grew out of a desire to see our once thriving Commercial Corridor Ridge Avenue revitalized and employing people from the neighborhood.
Our neighborhood continues to transform and grow economically and has become more ethnically diverse. We continue to be a Neighborhood striving and learning to live in harmony with each other so that we might become a model for the whole world! Francisville NDC is the primary coordinating RCO. We review, vet, and help guide the development of our commercial corridor and residential community while continuing to seed and support cultural and economic diversity in our neighborhood. Some of our own past real estate development experience includes acquiring 8 properties at nominal consideration from the City of Philadelphia to construct 3 mixed use projects that will meet our mission and neighborhood plan goals; one of which is the 95% finished project for which we are seeking funding to complete our ground floor and lower level fit out.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's Mission Statement document (PDF).
In The News
- Why more Philly neighborhood orgs are requiring ID to participate in votes, Billy Penn, February 26, 2018.
- Facebook: FrancisvilleNews
- Newsletter: Newsletter
- Does-Asset-Based Community Development (4)
- Does-Community Economic Development (78)
- Does-Community Organizing (10)
- Does-Neighborhood Beautification (18)
- Does-Newsletter Via Email (110)
- Is-Business Association (49)
- Is-Community Based Organization (43)
- Is-Community Development Corporation (29)
- Is-Community Organization (25)
- Is-Neighborhood Association (63)
- Is-Nonprofit Organization (748)
- Is-Registered Community Organization (RCO) (79)
- Issue-Community (238)
- Issue-Community Development (82)
- Issue-Neighborhood Revitalization (33)
- Issue-Zoning (73)
- Serves-Neighborhood Businesses (3)
- Serves-Neighborhood Residents (57)
- Where-Francisville (2)