Friends of Morris Park (FoMP)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Trail Maintenance, Restoration, and Establishment: Over the years Friends of Morris Park has worked with many partners and volunteers to define trail paths to make the park easier to traverse with minimal impact on the fauna and wildlife. Today the park offers over 5 miles of contiguous trails.
- Large Junk Removal: Remember the burned out cars in Morris Park? If you lived in the neighborhood ten or more years ago and ventured into the woods, you might remember sights like an abandoned car in the forest. The Friends of Morris Park worked with Fairmount Parks to pull the cars out of the forest and began the first comprehensive trail system in Morris Park. Most recently by obtaining a grant for new sloping trails to connect the upper and lower trail loops.
- Events & Volunteer opportunities: Creating opportunities for civic engagement through park preservation & increasing park utilization and access through events. To stay up to date on events follow us on social media and check with our events page.
- Flora and Fauna: Removing invasive species and introducing new plant life to contribute to and maintain the biodiversity of Morris Park.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's What We Do page.
In The News
- Overbrook: Evan Cantiello restarts Friends of Morris Park, Philadelphia Neighborhoods, January 10, 2022.