Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library
Committed to Making Our Library, One of the Best Community Libraries, Even Better
The Friends organization is a voluntary, non-profit organization. The mission of the organization is promoting the needs of the Library’s patrons and expanding utilization of its facilities.
Founded in the 1970s, the Chestnut Hill Library Friends is an organization of community members dedicated to promoting knowledge of the needs and values of our library and to raising funds and encouraging gifts for its support.
The Chestnut Hill Library Friends has become an organization of hundreds of households whose members contribute thousands of hours of their time to supporting the Library through major fund-raising events, providing garden maintenance, shelving of books, assisting librarians, and planning events to build Library use and awareness.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organizaiton's About the Chestnut Hill Library Friends Organization page.
In The News
- Friends of the Chestnut Hill Library Bookstore takes shape, Chestnut Hill Local, December 17, 2020.
- Book store plans move ahead with new manager, Chestnut Hill Local, October 28, 2020.
- The Friends of CH Library to open a used book store, Chestnut Hill Local, August 20, 2020.
- Library Friends investigate used bookstore space, Chestnut Hill Local, March 31, 2020.
- Volunteer: Join the Friends; add your name to our list.