Friends of the Rail Park
The Rail Park is a new, beautiful, three-mile park that's in the works in Philadelphia.
Phase 1 of the Rail Park is a 1/4 mile stretch of elevated park that stretches from 1300 Noble Street up onto the Viaduct. It's free and open to the public every day from 7am–10pm.
The full vision for the Rail Park is for a three-mile public greenway that will be twice the length and twice the width of NYC's High Line. It will have pathways and gathering spaces that will serve pedestrians, bicyclists, neighbors, and visitors alike.
Behind the park, there's a nonprofit with one simple mission: to bring the Rail Park to life.
Note: The above descriptive information came from the organization's home page in December 2019.
In The News
- Last week to check out the badass art installation that is Site/Sound: Revealing the Rail Park, Philadelphia Weekly, October 18, 2019.
- PHOTOS: Take a glimpse at Philly's nearly-completed Rail Park, Philly Voice, May 11, 2018.
- Here’s what Philly’s Rail Park looks like from above, Curbed Philadelphia, August 14, 2017.
- Online fundraiser for Philly's Rail Park soars above goal, Philly Voice, June 20, 2017.
- Surprise! Phase One of the Rail Park, Philly’s High Line, will open soon, Billy Penn, May 12, 2017.